Zaha, 27, has always dismissed the claims as "silly gossip" and said he has never even met Moyes' daughter. He returned to Selhurst Park just one year after leaving, and has since remained at the club. Such an electric player. Speaking in 2015 not long after he rejoined Palace following the tough stint at Old Trafford, Zaha said he had never even met Lauren. Moyes succeeded Ferguson as Manchester United manager but, despite handing plenty of game time to prodigy Adnan Januzaj, often left Zaha out. "And that started going and I'm 19, and my Twitter is blowing up. "There were just a load of rumours that used to just come out somehow and people would believe them. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express. “People think your life’s different because you’ve got money, you’ve got fame, so they don’t treat you the same.". Remember those rumours about Wilfried Zaha sleeping with David Moyes' daughter? I've never had it before and my Twitter is blowing up and there's no one for me to speak to. "As soon as anybody sees me now, people think, 'Wilfried Zaha, bad attitude' I don't understand why. "I remember tweeting something about it saying 'silly rumours' because it was getting too much, so I had to say something myself and then I remember the club media messaging me saying 'you shouldn't have done that, you shouldn't have done this' and I'm thinking 'you haven't helped me.'. What unfolded in the months that followed, though, meant the player failed to make the grade at Old Trafford. “That's how I felt and I'm thinking this is ridiculous man. Man Utd news: Wilfried Zaha blasts David Moyes daughter claims, reveals how club reacted MANCHESTER UNITED flop Wilfried Zaha has taken aim … Topics: Football News, Football, Manchester United, Wilfried Zaha, David Moyes, Crystal Palace. "Obviously, getting to United isn’t easy, so not being given a chance is hard to take. Every self-respecting millionaire footballer owns a jet, but whose is the best? I've never even met his daughter.". “I'm here by myself, struggling because people are telling me I've slept with the manager's daughter and that's why you're not playing me. Because of that, trouble-makers on social media made up rumours claiming the player was omitted due to a supposed relationship with Lauren Moyes, the Scot’s daughter. I feel as though I can deal with anything now. VAR 'did NOT know' he could give Pickford red card despite Van Dijk's offside, UFC's wildest body transformations including Michelle Waterson & Conor McGregor, Tiger Woods 'in best place he's ever been' after years of hell with scandals. "The funny thing is, it's carried on for so long I felt like, is the manager not going to come and have a word with me over this? WILFRIED ZAHA "disappeared" from Manchester United action following rumours of an affair with then-boss David Moyes' daughter, his former team-mate Patrice Evra claimed. He said: "The thing that really frustrated me about the whole United thing was the fact that people didn't know what actually went on at the training ground. Wilfried Zaha has addressed rumours that he slept with David Moyes ' daughter during his spell at Manchester United. Evra said: "All the Crystal Palace fans, they know Wilfred deserves better than Crystal Palace with all due respect. Express. We apologise for any offence caused.". I'm 19, I'm living in Manchester and all of a sudden we come back from a tour and I'm not playing for no reason so obviously [people] are going to make up rumours,". "I remember I think, what's real in his Manchester United career is when he had this true or untrue affair with David Moyes' daughter. “The funny thing is, it's carried on for so long I felt like, is the manager not going to come and have a word with me over this? "It was either I slept with David Moyes's daughter or I have got a bad attitude. He's interviewed some of the biggest names in sport, including Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Pele, Carles Puyol and Tim Henman. Zaha has lamented his period at the club, and previously said he "didn't really understand" why he fell from grace. Zaha went on to explain how difficult the situation was. He was once hit in the head by a wayward strike from Nicky Butt and lived to tell the tale. order back issues and use the historic Daily Express Back in October 2013, during his first season at Old Trafford, there were rumours that Zaha was sleeping with David Moyes' daughter, Lauren, which apparently contributed to his lack of first team opportunities. He dabbles in all things sport but football is his biggest passion. After he made the comments, presenter Kelly Cates said: “We don’t know the background to that story so probably best leave that one for now.”. YOUNG BOYS vs MAN UTD | LIVE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE UPDATES, REAL MADRID vs ROMA | LIVE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE UPDATES. Nothing. "It's like playing any other team in the league now for me, I don't feel anything about them any more.". "Those are the two rumours that stuck with me until I left. "I went through so much with United, with England. “I’m living in this hell by myself, away from my family, and I thought, 'If this doesn’t make me stronger, what will?'. “When I was at United I had [money], but I was still so down and depressed. He made the claim while speaking on Sky Sports ahead of Zaha taking to the pitch for the Premier League clash between Crystal Palace and Man Utd. Speculation as to why he fell out of favour became focused on claims of a relationship between him and Lauren, who has 19 at the time. Up to this day, I still get people that think that's true. Sky later issued a statement on Evra's comments, it read: "We have to clarify a comment made earlier in the programme suggesting there may have been a relationship between Wilfried Zaha and David Moyes' daughter. Manchester United signed Zaha from Crystal Palace in January 2013 with Sir Alex Ferguson making the Ivory Coast international his last-ever piece of transfer business. "That's how I felt and I'm thinking this is ridiculous man. The 27-year-old, who only made a handful of appearances for Manchester United before leaving Old Trafford in 2015, has now spoken about the gossip in an interview on Rio Ferdinand's YouTube channel. I have had no say since then.". The now Crystal Palace ace, … WILFRIED ZAHA "disappeared" from Manchester United action following rumours of an affair with then-boss David Moyes' daughter, his former team-mate Patrice Evra claimed. Moyes himself was sacked from the job after just ten months despite being handpicked for the role by Ferguson. "No one at the club at all told me anything, I didn't know what to do whatsoever," he said. He claimed Moyes told him the reason he was didn't make the first team was he "wasn't ready for the Premier league". Zaha went from Palace to Man Utd for an estimated fee of around £10million for the 2013/14 season on a five and half year contract- the club's last transfer overseen by Sir Alex Ferguson. Up to this day I still get people that think that's true and I've never even met his daughter.”. Zaha says that he's "never even met" Moyes' daughter and claims the club didn't help during that period of his career. There were rumours that the reason I wasn’t playing [many games] for United was because I slept with [then manager] David Moyes' daughter, and no one [at the club] attempted to clear that up. Champions League Teams 2020/21 Ranked From ‘Likely Winner’ To ‘Need A Miracle’, Mesut Ozil "To Be Left Out" Of Arsenal's Premier League Squad Despite Earning £350,000-Per-Week, Virgil van Dijk Has Reportedly Ruptured His ACL, Could Be Sidelined For 7-8 Months. "I'm here by myself, struggling because people are telling me I've slept with the manager's daughter and that's why you're not playing me. "So I was fighting my demons by myself, these rumours that I knew weren’t true. "They really do [forget that footballers are human beings]. "It’s hard to take," Zaha told Shortlist. Zaha quickly denied the speculation, taking to his official Twitter account to address the "silly rumours". newspaper archive. The Red Devils endured a bruising campaign under his tenure that saw them finish seventh in the Premier League and fail to get into Europe. "They hadn’t given me a car, like every other player [had]. Jack Kenmare is a writer at SPORTbible. In an interview for The Locker Room, he told former team-mate Rio Ferdinand: “No one at the club at all told me anything, I didn't know what to do whatsoever. Published 1:59 PM, Monday June 08 2020 GMT+1. Arsenal news LIVE: Follow latest Arsenal transfer gossip, news and updates, © 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha made the move to Old Trafford in 2013, Patrice Evra stunned TV viewers when he brought up the alleged romance, David Moyes succeeded Alex Ferguson as the Manchester United manager in for 2013/14, David Moyes congratulates Zaha as he leaves the pitch after a clash with Norwich, Wilfried Zaha finally opens up on rumours he slept with David Moyes’s daughter at Man United - saying club criticised him. See today's front and back pages, download the newspaper, “I was dealing with this at 19; living in Manchester by myself, nowhere near anyone else, because the club had a hold over where I lived. "We understand that Wilfried Zaha has never met David Moyes' daughter and that the claim made by Patrice was false. And the United flop, who returned to Crystal Palace and has since rebuilt his career, has slammed the club for failing to take action. “I explain this to my friends all the time. “I don’t regret anything because it made me stronger. Wilfried Zaha has addressed rumours that he slept with David Moyes' daughter during his spell at Manchester United. Man Utd news: Barcelona hierarchy think Paul Pogba will sign, date set, Man Utd think Depay failed for one reason - not Van Gaal or Mourinho, Man Utd news: Wilfried Zaha struggled under David Moyes at Old Trafford, Man Utd news: Wilfried Zaha made just four appearances under David Moyes, FIFA 19 ratings: Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool ratings, Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho orders media to criticise Tottenham, Man Utd news: Wilfried Zaha has rebuilt his career at Crystal Palace, Man Utd news: Mourinho wants Woodward to change mind on big transfer, Man Utd news: Zidane will not replace Mourinho for one reason - claim, Man Utd news: David Moyes reveals reaction if United offered him job. Former left-back Evra, 39, was in the United squad with Zaha and felt he never recovered following rumours of a fling with then manager Moyes' daughter Lauren. Crystal Palace winger Zaha moved to Old Trafford in 2013 but was mysteriously sidelined following an impressive pre-season as he struggled to break into the first team. As recently as this June, the Ivory Coast international hit out at Man Utd for failing to offer him any guidance amid the speculation. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. "I'm in Manchester where I'm by myself, and I'm not playing on top of that, so it's stressful enough to have a rumour. "Because I remember at the pre-season he was playing every day - and when that news comes out... out of the game and he disappeared. "It was stressful. “I remember tweeting something about it saying 'silly rumours' because it was getting too much, so I had to say something myself and then I remember the club media messaging me saying 'you shouldn't have done that, you shouldn't have done this' and I'm thinking 'you haven't helped me.'. 6 But after impressing over the summer, the 21-year-old played just 28 minutes in the Premier League for United and was sent out on loan to Cardiff in January. Crystal Palace winger Zaha moved to Old Trafford in 2013 but was mysteriously sidelined following an impressive pre-season as he struggled to break into the first team.