There is no "untrusted" threading inside an enclave. sgx_spin_lock() and unlock operate solely within the enclave (using atomic operations), with no need for OS interaction (no OCALL). If so, wouldn't this deteriorate the security? I'm not a fan of this idea. 3. This is indeed handled by the OS, and susceptible to attacks. Each thread runs until an AEX happens or reaches the end of the thread. EENTER is only guaranteed to perform controlled jumps inside an enclave’s code if the contents of all the TCS pages are measured. By measuring the TCS pages, the integrity of the threads (the TCS defines the allowed entry points) can be verified through enclave attestation. Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. 1. Investor Basics - Fundamental Analysis Concepts & REIT, [Official] Consolidated list of stock threads, How to Open a Stock Trading account in Singapore-Updated 2015, (*High Risk Investing) CFDS Explained - Beginner's Guide To Contracts For Difference in Singapore, What you should know about applying for IPO shares listed in SGX, 2020 market expectations and positioning - Part 2, Mapletree Logistics Trust *Official* (SGX: M44U), ESR-REIT *Official* (SGX:J91U) Previously Cambridge Industrial Trust, Starhill Global REIT *Official* (SGX: P40U), Should we sell SPH shares or hold for long term, Elite Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust. For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice. Important Forum Advisory Note This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. sgx_thread_mutex_init() also does not make an OCALL. Threads that run inside the enclave are created within the (untrusted) application. Forum Housekeeping. Why not an art piece or display? All Latest Brokerages Sign Up Promotions; Rewards; Additional Offers. Please respect others view even if they are contrary to you. The OS may choose not to wake a thread waiting outside the enclave. The untrusted application has to set up the TCS pages. sgx_thread_mutex_lock() and unlock potentially perform OCALLS. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. The SDK does offer synchronization primitives, which you say are not to be trusted because they are eventually served by the OS. ... General Discussion. However, these threads enabled by TCS have no way to synchronize with each other yet. 17 1 by xoxoxkate 2020-10-17, 0:12 AM [Product request] High performance Ryzen ThinkPads. But it can also choose to interrupt a thread running inside an enclave. Creating threads inside the enclave is not supported. I guess what I'm asking is if anyone has had any luck getting their SGX to work again via some other method. If I understand correctly, TCS enables multiple logical processors to enter the same enclave. sgx_thread_mutex_init() also does not make an OCALL. However, since the mutex data is within the enclave, they can always enforce correctness of locking within the secure enclave. At least, there is no SGX instruction for synchronize. Each logical processor will have its own TCS and hence its own entry point (the OENTRY field in TCS). The OS is able to play with scheduling as it wishes. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. 2. If a thread is woken up incorrectly before the mutex/condition variable logic dictates it so, that thread will make another OCALL to get suspended again. Find the latest SGX (S68.SI) stock discussions in Yahoo Finance's forum. The mutex data structure is initialized within the enclave. Member's comments should lead to value addition in forum discussion. OCALLS only serve to implement non-busy waiting outside the enclave. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. My question is, are these Thread Synchronization Primitives meant to be used by TCS threads? Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX). In: General Discussion. These primitives are not trusted since they're eventually served by OS. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. sgx_spin_lock() and unlock operate solely within the enclave (using atomic operations), with no need for OS interaction (no OCALL). Produced in partnership with and Sponsored by and Monday, May 6 | 11:00 AM – 5:30 PM a series of fast-paced TEDx-style inspirational talks from aerospace innovators and leaders Built with young professionals in mind, SGx is a full day of open discussion forums that connect the ideas of students and young professionals with the experience … This forum is for discussion of financial markets. Inside an enclave, only "trusted" threads can execute. Recently Released Service Tips - Read Only. I3investor offers stock market blogs, news, live quotes, price charts, price target, stock forum, watchlist, portfolio tools and more. Thanks for your detailed Information Surenthar.... Surenthar, your are spot on. On the other hand, holding up a thread that was supposed to have been woken up (DoS attack) won't compromise the enclave security properties either. Using a spinlock, you could yourself implement higher-level primitives. Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Singapore forum to discuss local news, trading, stocks, bonds, fx, gold and investments Looking at the descriptions of the mutex functions, my guess is that the OCALLs serve to implement non-busy waiting outside the enclave. The mutex data … Who says your TVs can only be TVs? I'm trying to understand the difference between SGX threads enabled by TCS and untrusted threading provided by SDK. On the Sky Golf forums, I was told to send it back to them and for $90 I would get a refurbished one. Recently Released Critical Drivers - Read Only. This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Singapore SGX Stocks Listing with Target Price, Analyst Reports, News & Announcements, Bloggers Review, Discussion Forum @ SGinvestors.io Then, on the other hand, the SGX SDK offers a set of Thread Synchronization Primitives, mainly mutex and condition variable. Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. Rules of Discussion on SGX Nifty. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. So only known-good execution paths can be executed within the enclave. SGX does not protect against DoS attacks (Denial of Service) from the (potentially compromised) OS. How did StarHub Smart WiFi fare when tested? Share your opinion and gain insight from other stock traders and investors. Using a spinlock, you could yourself implement higher-level primitives. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Special Events (7 Items) Lenovo @ CES 2020.