C’mon everyone, Uranus is no laughing matter. Re: #10 There may have been only one captive woman in the film, but she did have a real Sweet Gwendolyn vibe going on. Brought to you by the support our lovely Patreon backers, including devoted listeners like Michael, Andrew, Charlotte, Sean, Geoff, Geoff, Chad, Pat, and Steve. Hercules sees a vision of Androcles begging for his help. “It’s Just a Show is the podcast that MST3K deserves—witty, entertaining, enlightening, and providing cultural and cinematic context. A podcast conversation with Mystery Science Theater 3000, in which Adam, Beth, and Chris rewatch episodes of MST3K and then talk about things that come up in each episode: Weird Hollywood, curious history, half-forgotten music, and lots of Donald Pleasence. There’s just enough here that makes me laugh whenever I watch it. While the Woolner Brothers didn’t bother releasing their recut in 70mm for American audiences since that was reserved for bigger and more high-profile movies at the time, it looks like the European ‘Conquers Atlantis’ cut did get a large-format run in England and other countries.

• Cast and crew roundup: The editor of the American version was Hugo Grimaldi, who also worked on “The Phantom Planet,” “First Spaceship on Venus” and “The Human Duplicators.” Gordon Zahler composed the score on the American version, as he did with “The Phantom Planet,” “First Spaceship on Venus,” “The Human Duplicators” and “Women of the Prehistoric Planet.” In front of the camera, Ivo Garrani also appeared in “Hercules” and Mimmo Palmara also appeared in “Hercules Unchained” and “Hercules.” Narrator Leon Selznick can also be heard in “The Phantom Planet.” TV's Frank refers to the Deep 13 Daycare in the Invention Exchange, which first appeared back in. Thanks. It’s a Nice Suit. Master Ninja II.

More of an ‘Inaction’ Figure, though. When the supply of fresh water is sabotaged, the ship lands on an island to replenish their supply. Terror from the Year 5000. Rather than being angry, Hercules merely lazes away on deck without offering any assistance. 1961 Stinger: "Hercules! Worth listening to even if you’re a MST3K neophyte like me.” —BripodBKG, Subscribe to It’s Just A Show on:Apple PodcastsGoogle PodcastsSpotify OvercastPocket CastsYouTubeRSS. Michael Gross is an actor best known for his roles in the TV series Family Ties & the Tremors film series. Premature celebration by everybody of getting through the “Hercules” stuff (more await the following season) but the invention exchange is pretty terrible, lowering down the score a bit. • I never noticed before that, a couple of times, they do a needle drop on that musical sting that I think was originally composed for “This Island Earth” and that I’ve heard in a lot of Universal movies. They're even good-natured after they've been patched up. As there is no agreement, Androcles King of Thebes seeks the assistance of his friend, the legendary Hercules. Unlike some of the other episodes from around this time, this one’s a bit more to my liking humor-wise and I’d probably call it a minor favorite.

When I first saw HS #2, whenever Crow said Hylas, I thought he was saying Hinus, sounding similar to hinder. ], 71. [MST3K K09. The Crawling Hand.

Things fall into place when Hercules and his companions not only rescue Ismene but a large group of prisoners in a pit. Love the Hercules action figure. [2nd Annual Summer Blockbuster Review. Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

The Wild Wild World of Batwoman. [MST3K 412. Jim Mallon A radiant Joel demonstrates the Wombmate, a device that allows babies to listen to music in utero. ], 59. Vittorio Cottafavi (For those who don’t know, it’s a reference to the movie “Dirty Harry.”) He does it five times by my count, practically every time the little guy in the movie has a line. As there is no agreement, Androcles King of Thebes seeks the assistance of his friend, the legendary Hercules. Cast

Defeating Proteus, Hercules discovers the woman he rescued is Princess Ismene, daughter of Antinea, the Queen of Atlantis, where he has landed. ], 66. Lords of the Deep. [MST3K 806. Consummate early mst3. [MST3K 515. 411 - The Magic Sword

[MST3K 106. If you can afford to, please support us on Patreon. 79. Alien from L.A.], 56. I’m not your real father. The Last Chase. Hercules and the Captive Women passes the Bechdel Test. Kids come running for the good taste of raw goat.

[MST3K 805. and, as is the norm, prone to falling asleep and being a prick at the whim of Italian scriptwriters. As for Hylas, Wikipedia only merits him a single paragraph in its Heracles article. Squirm. Friedrich Nietzsche: Also sprach Zarathustra. ], 58. And this is the closing of Uranus Days. Ismene is recaptured and taken for execution.

Gypsy’s lame quips didn’t help since they come over a portion of the movie where they’re setting up the story, which is alraedy muddled-beyond-recognition by the TV edits. Cable channel TBS, which at the time billed itself as "the Superstation," is based in Atlanta, GA. A parody of "Come back to Jamaica", an advertising slogan used to promote Jamaican tourism during the 1980s. Air Date When he rescues her he has to fight Proteus a god able to change form into various creatures. We Never Got to Play.