At Dynasty, Cookie is planning a concert with Laz. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates! Four (American) women in the Philippines are kidnapped by a cult who drink blood for eternal youth and worship a … There is potential here for a shitty movie on a grand scale. What The Thirsty Dead is not: a film about zombies, or vampires, or other undead creatures preying on the innocent and spilling buckets of fake blood. The blood is then mixed with local plants into a potion that grants eternal life. I had the worst dreams last night Really? It’s not the worst plot a viewer could find in a shitty movie. Coming Soon, Regal

There are horror elements to the plot, but there just isn’t enough for this film to cross over into that hallowed genre. But things change when they arrive at a mysterious mountain settlement. That happens often with shitty movies. There is no gore, and no more than a few dollops of blood. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your email. This film flirts with sleaze, but never commits. ‘Seed of our seed, father of our immortality,’ Despite the obligatory prison hot tub ‘Oh yes.’ and a brief cannibal attack towards the end, the exploitation aspects now vanish, theres little blood, no nudity and the story segues into Lost Horizons territory. Take off their clothes.

No you don’t make sense But this barely has a story; the escape is way too easy because they never feel trapped. Please reference “Error Code 2121” when contacting customer service. This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. I wouldn't recommend seeing it. There is no gore, and no more than a few dollops of blood. Forgot your password?

Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! Thats evil Its taken more than half the film to reach the point where, having been kidnapped, imprisoned, bled, and thrown in with the pit people, someone finally says; you know what, I like to be open minded when I travel, but this is imposition. Seriously, what kind of exploitation film needs zero edits to be suitable for commercial television? These movies don’t look too good, but keep in mind, these were lower than low budget pictures from the 70s, so we can’t expect the world. Not really that interesting, but a nice 70s schlockfest. You're almost there! © 2019 Rapiddrama, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Movie Reviews | Cinema News | Movies In Theaters, Rambo: First Blood Movie Review – Part II. By opting to have your ticket verified for this movie, you are allowing us to check the email address associated with your Rotten Tomatoes account against an email address associated with a Fandango ticket purchase for the same movie. This is just exploitation schlock, done poorly. The girl most likely to be sacrificed to a pagan god Quite the reverse, Laura is given better accommodation and new clothes, while her friends are selected for the blood draining ritual.

The Thirsty Dead. Human sacrifice, cult rituals, and human trafficking lend themselves to all the things that make grindhouse cinema fun and offensive. Otherwise, all one will end up with is just another bad movie. The love interest is perfunctory yet overwrought Now I don’t know what I feel or if I feel, Im dust Thats what a girl wants to hear. After the newest abductees arrive, one of the bigwigs in the cult, Baru (a miscast John Considine, but, really, is there such a thing as bad casting in a shitty movie? Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Thirsty Rawlings Empire On HBO’s “The Wire” Andre Royo played the character Reginald “Bubbles” Cousins, a recovering heroin addict that was trying to figure out his life. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. Coming Soon. This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue The Thirsty Dead is one of the more disappointing films added to the Watchability Index.

Cinemark

Maybe we can pick the lock in the bead curtain? Nice sets and scenery (including the scantily clad female cast) are the only real points of interest in this stupid, stupid film. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. Finding Your Roots With Henry Louis Gates Jr. J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs & The Church of the SubGenius, Fall TV First Look: Find Out What’s Coming, The Best Peacock Original Shows and Movies, All Upcoming Disney Movies: New Disney Live-Action, Animation, Pixar, Marvel, and More. Its okay to not be cool with it. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. Coming Soon. Even the most dedicated of shitty movie fans will have trouble watching this mess. There aren’t even any standout moments of incompetence to be mirthful over. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. Exploitation films are supposed to be downright sleazy — a guilty pleasure that will get one strange looks from the ideological purity police.

Ranu, eager to be reunited with Baoon, offers Laura a place in the cult. What The Thirsty Dead is: a film with a misleading title. Holy good Jesus Im starting to think we wont get to be prostitutes at all, Dont say that This is Shangri-La by any other name and its inhabitants, enjoy representational theatre, painting tiny cats and worshipping the head of Colonel Kutrz preserved in jelly. On “Empire” Royo plays a lawyer that has everything figured out and he’s willing to risk his life to ensure his favorite client, Lucious Lyon, is protected at all […] The Thirsty Dead is presented in 1.66:1 widescreen, while The Swamp of the Ravens is presented in 2.35:1 widescreen, but neither treatment is anamorphic. For the majority of those abducted, the bloodletting process results in rapid aging, as if their youthful essence has been transferred from them to the cultists. One of many weird cult themed movies of the 70s, this one has a cult of "vampires", they're really just blood drinkers. There are no critic reviews yet for The Thirsty Dead. I cannot possibly enjoy a shitty movie when there is no joyfully shitty filmmaking. I think this movie is 1 of those movies that are so bad its good & thats why I kinda enjoyed it even though I fell asleep a couple times & had to keep hitting rewind. What The Thirsty Dead is not: a film about zombies, or vampires, or other undead creatures preying on the innocent and spilling buckets of fake blood. Its me With a bit of She thrown in as Laura follows the predictable path of lead girls in this sort of film. Heres the thing, there are some good stories in exploitation cinema that are undermined by the single-minded pursuit of se* and violence, and taking those elements away to focus on the story is a good call. ‘Alright, story of my life, one night stands. It wouldnt be better with the exploitation stuff, Its voodoo here But without it this is 90 minutes of predictable, vanilla nothing. They are Laura (Jennifer Billingsley), go-go dancer Claire (Judith McConnell), tourist Ann (Fredricka Meyers), and local Bonnie (Chiqui da Rosa). He was survived by his wife, Ranu (Tani Guthrie), who carries on his legacy to this day. Instagram @xbornx. The Thirsty Dead starts off in a strip club in the Philippines. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Youre being romantic Its by numbers: they arrive and are weirdly cool with it. But this flick is just a tease. The percentage of users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher. I don’t wish to offend This isnt taking your shoes off at the door, this is drinking your friends blood. You have entered an incorrect email address! There are no approved quotes yet for this movie. Feb 22, 2011. In order to gain immortality, the cult has been abducting women on Luzon and forcing them to participate in a bloodletting ceremony. Laura refuses, for the flimsiest of reasons, and the remainder of the film follows Laura and her three new friends as they try to flee the cult.

They are taken through the remote jungles of Luzon to a cave complex wherein resides an ancient cult. If a filmmaker is going to shoot a movie with this subject matter, then they should go all in. Which gives these people their eternal life, and they invite Laura to join them. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Sign up here. For the 2nd time in 48hours a girl has disappeared from the streets of Manila Although the stripper has a unique take on this threat, How would you like to a be a white slave honey – show me where to join Oddly, given this bit of weird character development, Claire here is not our lead, Youre not making any sense Thats Laura, whos kidnapped after the title sequence, by men in monk outfits, that I think weve seen before in kung fu Cannibals. Your AMC Ticket Confirmation# can be found in your order confirmation email. ‘Rahul will keep us young forever. The cult worships the head of Baoon, the leader of the cult who died centuries before. From screenwriter Charles Dennis and director Terry Becker, The Thirsty Dead follows four women who have been abducted from the streets of Manila. ©2004-2020 Missile Test, All Rights Reserved. How?