Reviewed in the United States on August 31, 2020. The cop also thinks the kids have a right to be there, until his estranged daughter joins the counter-culture crowd. They won't be able to see your review if you only submit your rating. All Critics (3) Leave it to Beaver meets The Wild Ride... in color, Reviewed in the United States on May 5, 2019. It's funnier with Dana saying it. "Lastly, I will add that the actress who plays the daughter is quite good and we see her as more three-dimensional than any other character in the movie, And for that matter, the dialogue between the siblings and the way they treat each other make us feel they really are brother and sister.So, if you want a hoot from the 1960s, get out the popcorn and pull into your own "drive-in" theater for some real hot rods and Dana unnerved. Reviewed in the United States on October 2, 2020. So bad, that it's a cult classic good. While on a business trip just before Christmas, Tom Phillips gets into a car accident, which was caused by the reckless driving of the other car involved. Looking for something to watch? Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. Very campy! Reviewed in the United States on March 10, 2011. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. Here is the American one-sheet movie poster for Hot Rods to Hell (1967), starring Dana Andrews. Certificate: Passed He at the time was a huge drunk, you would be too if you were in a movie like this. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password. Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! 1st gen Camaro stage 3 front clip coming together. Select the department you want to search in. Please click the link below to receive your verification email. I'd like to know more about it. The bad acting makes this movie hilarious. As far as cars are concerned a lot of reviewers are so excited by the cars they see. Crime. After traveling salesman Tom Phillips (Dana Andrews) injures his spine in a car accident, he can no longer endure the rigors of the road. A father and son, separated by the "generation gap," discover kinship in their common affection for a young woman washed up onto their shore. In fact his whole on-edge performance is practically the whole show.I'm sorry to read here that Mr. Andrews was an alcoholic, but I've told family members about this film and said I've never seen anyone who could act so unhinged as Dana in this film, and also in "Zero Hour!". Those hot rods are classic. The story of Mexican revolutionary Emiliano Zapata, who led a rebellion against the corrupt, oppressive dictatorship of president Porfirio Díaz in the early 20th century. There are no approved quotes yet for this movie. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. What to Watch if You Miss the "Game of Thrones" Cast. The annoying 60's music plays the whole time. Dana Andrews career was definatley tumbling down the hill. Coming Soon. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Some notable actors in this one. During the 1970s, car delivery driver Kowalski delivers hot rods in record time but always runs into trouble with the highway cops. It's my life. Love the red corvette the 56 chevy too. Huggo. But as they approach Mayville, they encounter a bunch of reckless hot rodders named Duke, Ernie and Gloria. Not only is it a movie. Crime, Certificate: GP It's fun though and most of the cast is enjoyably overwrought. Yes here it is the cheap drive in b movie classic, Hot Rods to Hell! The gang goes to a diner in the middle of nowhere in the California desert where they begin to terrorize Lew and his patrons and his ... See full summary », Manuel, a professional hitman, kills the hitman sent to kill him and steals his briefcase, only to find that it contains documents concerning a blackmail operation. Dana Andrews and Jeanne Crain, who had been in "State Fair" and "Madison Avenue" together, reunite for this story about a family being terrorized by young punks who have nothing better to do but race down the desolate highway somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Arizona, I think, and run people off the road.To be more specific, the father can't defend himself or his family due to his bad back and recovering from a previous car accident, where it was all just awful, "the rain, the bright headlights, the Jingle bells (on the radio), everything." At least that's what it's called on a camp classic DVD set, which includes "Zero Hour. Just confirm how you got your ticket. Directed by John Brahm. Copyright © Fandango. Verified reviews are considered more trustworthy by fellow moviegoers. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. Although Tom suffered no paralysis from his back injury, he did come out of the accident with a chronic back problem which results in him not being able to continue with his current work, and a mental block having anything to do with the accident, including Christmas music, driving in general and the sounds of screeching tires and breaking glass. He stops at a gas station/restaurant and its owner, Mara (Hayworth), is struck by his resemblance to her dead son, Rocky (Porel). Forgot your password? It is hilarious. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. In fact, what sounds like an awful film that should be forgotten makes for some good campy fun, due mainly to some hilarious dialogue spoken mainly by Dana, like: "I had to do something. Cinemark I prefer the juvenile delinquent films of the 1950s actually. Another ingredient, alluded to in message boards, is Dana's speech and/or way of speaking words like "animals" and "police." | Fresh (2) Dana Andrews career was definatley tumbling down the hill. Their bond is then strongly reinforced when, together, they kill a dangerous intruder. And, put your self out of your misery. I love it because it's just, stupid! It's got the music. Hot Rods to Hell (1967) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. He decides to move his family from Boston to a desert town in California, where he anticipates a much quieter life managing a small motel. He then travels to Italy... See full summary », While on a business trip just before Christmas, Tom Phillips gets into a car accident, which was caused by the reckless driving of the other car involved. A young boy learns that space aliens are taking over the minds of earthlings. Overall it feels really dated and is a real artifact of the mid '60s - if you like that era I would definitely recommend it but if you don't then you'll probably want to avoid this. Although Tom suffered no paralysis from his back injury, he did come out of the accident with a chronic back problem which results in him not being able to continue with his current work, and a mental block having anything to do with the accident, including Christmas music, driving in general and the sounds of screeching tires and breaking glass. Sam produces this fast-driving drive-in special, whose 200+ credits include Earth vs. the Flying Saucers & Rock Around the Clock. Hell's Charger LaCarrera Nova . Your usual sleazy teenage questionable family value campy B-film. What? What about the "T" hot rod. Don’t worry, it won’t take long. What year is the Corvette used in the film? New Product release shots of the Hotrods to Hell bolt in C10 front end. Fun movie to watch. We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. Jonas (Walker Jr) is on the road to Salina. Boring, Boring, not to mention the same red vet with the girl in the middle. Based on the 1956 Saturday Evening Post short story "Fifty-Two Miles to Terror" by Alex Gaby, that remained the film's working title until it was changed to become part of Warner Brothers' "Hot Rod" universe (including the previously-released Hot Rod, Hot Rod Gang, and Hot Rod Girl). This 10-digit number is your confirmation number. Despite the horrible acting you will find this entertaining. The percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who have given this movie a positive review. This is where the cult-movie rubber meets the road. This movie has a good cast, and some really intense and exciting scenes, especially towards the end. Tom would be physically able to do the work required running a motel, and the dry heat is good for his back. 7 of 8 people found this review helpful. One-sheets measured 27x41 inches, and were the poster style most commonly used in theaters. Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2019, Great gag gift for my sis. When I saw this as a child I was awe struck. Kinda corny. He decides to ... See full summary ». A Sam Katzman production makes it even better. Lol, Reviewed in the United States on July 27, 2020. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. The bad acting makes this movie hilarious. He is the famous producer of several classes drive-in b movies. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Your Ticket Confirmation # is located under the header in your email that reads "Your Ticket Reservation Details". Cinemark You're almost there! ", July 10, 2007 Under the leadership of the cocksure Duke (Paul Bertoya), they try to run Tom out of town "just for kicks. Consistently amusing in its unintentional campiness. As IMDb celebrates its 30th birthday, we have six shows to get you ready for those pivotal years of your life ... your 30s. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Hot Rods to Hell - Movie Poster. I think it could be better, though, the story could have been stronger, maybe if we knew more about the hot rodding teenagers? | Rating: C The image is an example of a ticket confirmation email that AMC sent you when you purchased your ticket. Grant Willard sponsors drivers in a "new" form of race car driving called The Figure Eight. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Sign up here. LA police captain attempts to appease Sunset Strip businessmen objecting to hippy youths hanging out, by setting a curfew. All 3 have to clutch onto Dana Andrews in terror during the chase scenes. All rights reserved. So, it may be because of Dana's condition, or is it just his little acting tricks, that make for entertainment in this 60s camp classic. Don't have an account? Cheesy classic B movie with hot rod cars.