Although he does so to support himself and his brother financially, it is a point of shame for him. When Quint becomes a ghost, he starts to learn what he can and can't do, including that he can possess someone permanently if they invite him in. I never saw that happen. So did he read the note or not? Here is the official soundtrack for the film, A Ghost Story. A lot happens at the countryside mansion, with mysteries unraveling around housekeeper Mrs. Grose and the faceless Lady in the Lake. I’m kind of glad that I didn’t. Here are some answers to everything that happened in the Netflix horror. You will laugh, scare and cry during the movie and most of it, the soundtrack is breathtaking. When he finally does manage to track her down in the finale, she is a ghost, confirming his fear that she is permanently gone. Shreyas Talpade Feels We Should Have Janta Curfew Often. Viola's spirit emerges and kills Perdita. One thing common between most were questions. Ghost Stories released by Netflix on New Years Eve, has been the talk of the town. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers. So how was it destroyed? Right? When Dani first arrives at Bly Manor, she's greeted by housekeeper Mrs. Grose, who at this point is already a ghost. His ghost's glasses are seared with the yellow glare of the lights. While The Turn of the Screw took place in turn of the century England, Bly Manor is set almost a hundred years later, in 1987. She had a feeling that he was still hanging around and decided to just tell him to bugger off? The bald guys whole theory was we continue in time through our mark on this world….wouldn’t it be the opposite of continuing if he’d had proofed then? For a moment I thought that the little girl was M (she did write a note and hid it like M used to), as well as the ghost next door…but maybe I’m wrong and the little girl was just there to remind C of M, and the ghost next door was just there to show C that he could just “let go”. I thought she wrote “I love you but I have to leave you behind / move on with my life. She marries Viola's husband Arthur and looks after her daughter Isabel. Following the explanation provided in the movie, that the universe will implode and start over eventually from a dust particle, I can interpret the whole story as him, driven by the force of his love alone, waiting whatever time it takes until the events align in the exact same way so he can see her again. We don’t see what is on the note but they make a point to show those flares after he vanishes. This movie as so slow! They were all killed, so I am trying to figure out how they could have been her ancestors.

Is there any significanc to this? 'If you touch a bird's egg, the bird destroys it' despite knowing at a young age Sobhita had made the mistake of touching an egg and now believes that's why she is losing her unborn children. I kinda love how they left it open for interpretation, but at the same time felt damn curious about the ultimate “truth” lol. Netflix's The Haunting of Bly Manor is a ghost story and a love story—and, as one crucial character points out in the finale, those two genres can sometimes be the exact same thing. Fascinating!

But this time, Tom lost the battle, and succumbed to his injuries. So he vanishes as well. Perhaps, as an adult, Dani makes a less hospitable host than the children did, or maybe Viola's centuries-old, faceless and forgetful spirit lacks the possessing punch that Quint and Jessel had. Which, I guess is true, to a degree.). Dani had been best friends with Edmund since childhood, but felt pressured by his family to stay in a relationship with him, ignoring her sexuality. Gabrielle Bruney is a writer and editor for Esquire, where she focuses on politics and culture. Another proof is that during the credits ( turn up the volume) and you will hear the Hispanic kids’ laughter, meaning that they moved ( the lady and her two kids ) to the house and the cycle will go on. Waiting all alone she succumbs to her ill-health and passes away, that's when Simran decides, she is done waiting around. So yeah, M isn’t going to take the bright glowing door. I doubt I’ll watch again. Hahahah…, If you are looking for other movies like A Ghost Story – try Personal Shopper, I am the Pretty Thing that Lives in the House, and We’ve Forgotten More than We’ve Ever Known. Dream hopping is what Flora experiences when Rebecca possesses her body. One night, after Edmund discovers Dani doesn't want to marry him, they fight, leading to Edmund storming out of their car, right into an oncoming truck. Which, I had assumed was another ghost in the house ahead of him. What was written in the note is irrelevant, it just serves as motivation for C to go back, remember that C knows about the note only after his death, while alive he never saw M writing it and the jump to the far past is just extra material, all this wild west mini-story doesn’t add anything to our ghost quest except that it presents a possible explanation why M liked to hide notes, maybe the little girl somehow reincarnated in her. C wants to move, and M definitely does not. Ghosts are also used to represent the troubled pasts of individual characters. One of these two alternatives must be true based on what the director explained happened. Once the changes is done, click on the “Save Changes” option to save the changes. He rings the manor hoping Flora will pick up. When Quint and Miss Jessel possessed the Wingrave kids, the ghosts were very much in the driver's seat. This is what the movie was about for me. I also found the dissertation by the guy at the table to be far less impressive than the party guests appeared to (before they resumed their partying). I will be OK. You are free now.”. Before finding out, Janhvi does have a meaningful conversation with the old lady.