You name it, we have it.

With hundreds of miles to explore, you're bound to find a hiking trail that has what you're looking for. A nice easy loop for a quick walk, snowshoe or cross-country skiing venture. I had a hard time deciding whether to give this trail three or four stars. Top Things to See & Do This Fall & Winter in RMNP, Latest updates: COVID-19 & Williams Fork Fire. The hiking trails pass through a variety of terrains with only short stretches of steep inclines. Turn left onto CR73. There are picnic tables, benches and educational signs along the way. More info and pics: https://etbtravelphotography.com/2020/08/16/happy-hiking-winter-park/. Ready for some activity? 14 miles and takes about an hour to drive it in good weather. Turn left onto CR73. If you’d like to explore more winter scenery then the best way is on skis! Road to trailhead becomes quite rough after 6 miles in. Starts as an easy climb through the forest and quickly ascends above tree line, providing stunning views of the towns of Fraser and Winter Park as well as the Winter Park ski resort. Afternoon thunderstorms are common in summer, so bring a rain jacket, warm layers of clothing and gloves, even on sunny days. Highly recommend the hike though. Please follow Leave No Trace principles and keep Grand County clean and green! Look for the Deadhorse Trailhead sign and follow toward the parking lot. Trail Description: Start up the road (Little Vasquez) until you see the sign for Blue Sky on the right. Follow the paved pathway between Winter Park and Fraser for a pleasant, quiet afternoon without having to travel too far from town. Start checking them out and you'll be out on the trail in no time! Users have reported that the trails are not marked well. Make sure you climb to the top so you can see the full lake in its beauty.

The Flume trail gets its name from an old logging flume, which it parallels.

The road gets rough after a few miles, but with careful driving it was very doable in my Subaru Forester.

Take time to enjoy the view of Byers Peak and St. Louis Creek. I recommend coming when you can spend the day and make the most of it. This is a great hike if you are wanting to explore the town of Fraser OR Winter Park by foot or on a bike. Parking is located in the Arapaho National Forest at “G-lot,” also known as Bonfils Stanton Outdoor Area. Columbine Lake is a great day hike for the family, while the more adventurous can tackle the St. Louis Divide Trail. Follow Arapaho up through the residential neighborhood and park where the road turns to dirt. After a full day of hiking, you can rest easy knowing you have a comfortable place to relax. My favorite part is the waterfall, but it's definitely worth it to cross over and finish the trail to see Betty and Bob Lakes. Made it though in a small crossover SUV . This is a friendly walk for doggies, kiddos, and the elderly. Shortly after the scenic overlook is a trail junction. Definitely recommend! principles and keep Grand County clean and green!

Don’t be fooled by the name; the Deadhorse Loop Trail in Winter Park is a beautiful place to explore. Crater lakes to Arapaho lake to forrest lake trail loop. The most people I saw was on the hike back when I encountered some people hiking the longer trail to King Lake from the Hessie TH. All in all, a great hike that we actually returned to the next day for some scrambling along the upper lake (King). At the first stoplight (Vasquez Rd), turn right. Then enter sections of dense, as the trail meanders up the hill, eventually coming to an intersection with the Serendipity trail to your left, which takes you into Idlewild. To follow the Discovery loop, veer to the left. Anyone looking for scenic hikes in Colorado needs to visit Rocky Mountain National Park. Anything lower and I think we would have bottomed out a few times. Follow Little Vasquez back down to the parking area. Follow the trail and emerge at old town Winter Park on Trademark Drive. This area can be crowded all times of year. We found another way up over the pass but it’s longer drive. There are plenty of parking areas available, but I would park at the trailhead. The pass is gorgeous and well worth the drive. Remember to grab your free, digital Vacation Guide to Winter Park, Colorado! Another option if you’re looking for a relaxing Winter Park hiking experience is the Fraser River Trail. Enjoy the downhill on FS158 back to the Forest Service gates and the parking lot. Once again, I would recommend using AllTrails to keep you on track GPS wise; this trail crosses and encounters other offshoots as well as smaller loops. Stop by the Information Center in downtown Winter Park for hard-copy maps and additional information or details on road closures and trail work.

The trail is mostly flat as well as smooth, and it only gains around 660 feet of elevation across its entire span. Follow the Blue Sky trail over a bridge and up. Trailhead Location: From the Winter Park Information Center, follow US highway 40 south toward Winter Park Resort. 1hour+ each way just to get to the trail head and very rugged. Turn left and look for Flume trail slightly uphill and on your left.

Very beautiful lake and trail! Follow the trail towards This was a spectacular hike.

//--> It is located in a giant valley, which is why the terrain stays level. Hiking Trail Maps.

At the top, enjoy a stunning panoramic view of Winter Park and Fraser Valley. At high altitude, dehydration sets in rapidly, so be sure to carry plenty of water and don't drink from alpine rivers, lakes or streams without a water filtration device. It’s ten miles round trip with minimal elevation gain and stretches along the Fraser River. I would rate this trail easy at the beginning, but it is definitely more moderate and steep than the other trails in this post. An ornery moose has been seen in the area, so proceed with caution around him. For a leisurely hike, try the Yankee Doodle Trail which begins in downtown Winter Park and reaches 8,800 feet above sea level. Trail Description: Once at the trailhead, follow the contour of the ridge, starting out steep, then mellowing out and becoming steep again as you navigate three sets of rocky switch backs. There is a picnic area on the west side of the loop and a longer trail past the Jim Creek dam. You are surrounded by dense pine and aspen forest the entire hike so take in those incredible views any chance you can get. You will have to go past the neighborhood you're told to turn into by Google Maps and then take Corona Pass up to the trailhead. Winter Park Hiking HIT THE TRAIL FOR INCREDIBLE VIEWS With 1,000 miles of scenic trails valley wide, there's a hike for everyone. Turn right on D2 and climb back up to the road FS158. Straight ahead is Chainsaw, turn left and the trail will take you across St. Louis Creek.

Creekside will end on FS road 159. Requires wading, leaping, or carefully rock hopping across one creek. Follow Vasquez up and over the railroad tracks. Wet trail, but it rained the night before. Great views, easy hike, fishing picked up later in the day at Betty lake. At the campground, stay to the left of the picnic pavilion and an old road will be on the right, which parallels the trail. For more information, consult the Sulphur Ranger District.

Go for a day hike, enjoy an overnight backpacking trip, find scenic vistas, visit waterfalls, or search for high alpine lakes. And most importantly, always tell someone where you are going and when you expect to return. The trail begins at Second Creek Trailhead along Highway 40 into gentle climbing in the forested area along Second Creek before opening up to the north near treeline and ascending 800 vertical feet. It has everything you need to know about the area! AllTrails has 27 great hiking trails, trail running trails, mountain biking trails and more, with hand-curated trail maps and driving directions as well as detailed reviews and photos from hikers, campers, and nature lovers like you. This is a friendly walk for doggies, kiddos, and the elderly. The first three miles aren't bad but the last ten are terrible. Enjoy the serenity of this peaceful place as you gaze out into the forests and mountain peaks. Winter Park hiking accesses hundreds of miles of trails in nearby national forests and wilderness areas. Go over the bridges and you will start to climb again. Trailhead Location: From the Winter Park Information Center, follow US Highway 40 north toward CO Highway 83. Fraser River Trail. The Lactic Grande trail is still being cleared. Not an ideal fishing local but the area is quite beautiful and calming. Pack high-carbohydrate snacks such as energy bars. We got to Arapaho Lake on August 1.

Highly recommend a 4WD with high clearance. Pack and dress for surprise downpours on this side of the Continental Divide. It is the go-to spot for visitors and locals searching for adventure. 11 Winter Hiking Trails in the Smoky Mountains 1.) The trail will go through some aspens before reaching the scenic overlook bench. Turn right on CR721 (Fraser Parkway) and follow to the “T” intersection. My nickname is “Pele” (referencing the soccer star), because I am always kicking rocks and tripping over debris. The 5-mile trail is great for hikers of all experience levels and is dog-friendly too! Protect yourself from the sun by wearing a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses. The trail is very windy and signage isn’t great once you get to the town of Winter Park. [CDATA[//>