In the winter, don’t be surprised if you see businesses closed when there’s fresh powder at nearby Monarch Mountain, a note “gone skiing” taped to the door. We decided to check it out early one Friday morning before it got too warm. I do give his wife five stars for her kindness and attention to me. There is much to do and see in Fourteener Country. The town was named after a local natural hot spring coined Poncha Springs by famed Colorado frontiersman Kit Carson. Try to login or reset password. Find things to do in Salida, CO in October. Nearby, Riverside Park offers a bouldering wall, playground, band shell and towering cottonwood trees that provide a shady respite from the summer sun. . For locals, the people are what really make Salida feel like home. Today water from the springs is piped into Salida's Hot Springs Aquatic Center. Eventful provides the most popular Salida events, concerts, movies, comedy, nightlife, family events, and more. to or to enjoy dancing with friends and to No partner is necessary. Those wanting a special, relaxing mountain escape will be in awe of the beauty this area offers. Or visit WikiDo Live to attend one of the coming events from your safe home! Nathrop, Colorado 81236-9703, Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort Nathrop, Colorado. Take advantage of the outdoor activities and things to do surrounding the hot springs in Buena Vista & Salida, Colorado. The Colorado mountain town of Salida sits in the middle of the state, literally in the "Heart of the Rockies," about 2 hours from Colorado Springs and 3 hours from Denver.Our town is a welcoming Western retreat for everyone, from the solo outdoors adventure seeker to couples yearning for a romantic escape or families who wish to ‘Play and Stay’ in the glorious Rocky Mountains. There’s rafting, hiking, fishing in the Arkansas River’s Gold Medal waters, hunting, off-roading – opportunities are endless when it comes to outdoor recreation. It was excellent. Great place for the kids to stop and play while we were walking around town.” more, Serving Canon City and the Surrounding Area, “ driving part of the day was awesome. The city is bounded by the Sawatch Range is to the west, the Sangre de Cristos are to the southeast and the rolling Arkansas Hills to the northeast. This place is a nice break some of the bars and cantinas on F street. Fun and informative. We didn't see in on our first trip to Salida this summer. We found definitely come again!” more, “This is a hidden gem for out of towners! Playground, amphitheater (saw a sign for Shakespeare in the park), right next to the river. Salidans take serious delight in outdoor sports, especially whitewater rafting, mountain biking and skiing. Whether you're a local, new in town or just cruising through we've got loads of great tips and events. 719-395-2447 info@mtprinceton.com Facebook I like that the trip was small group (we were 5 in total). Local artists are so prolific that Salida was awarded the state’s first-ever Creative District designation in 2012. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. But I know you're a good American citizen (or honorable global traveler) and will support the site” more, “ shooting and of course pac man. A century later, Salida became a hub for artists drawn by the area’s natural beauty and outdoor amenities. Thousands flock to the annual FIBArk whitewater festival, held in June when the Arkansas River is swollen with spring runoff. High Side is not one of them. If you're passing by the area, be sure to visit here. Save Career Event for HORIZONS EXPLORATORY ACADEMY Students & Graduates to your collection. The waterfront along the Arkansas River has been enhanced with a whitewater park and riverside walkway. Walk into a local coffee shop, and you’ll see retirees chatting with dreadlocked 20-somethings, dust-caked mountain bikers just in from a ride and families with young children. He left both of us feeling very uncomfortable; needless to say, he still owns his pot (along with many more) and he clearly didn't impress me, an avid collector. My girlfriend and I (and our 14 year old Shih Tzu) came to Salida for an overnight stay for the first time since the pandemic hit. That’s not all. We came on a quiet evening and the staff were very friendly. Walking down F Street, it’s easy to imagine yourself in the 1800’s when Salida was a stop for passengers on the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad, making it a commercial center for mining and agriculture. Salida’s small-town charms are abundant downtown, the largest historic district in the state. Canceled - Salida Country-Western & Swing, JEFF PALMER comes over from Colorado Springs to call our, 5K Zombie Run, start @ Bergen Park near Evergreen, Winterfest Art Festival @ Evergreen High School. There are enough mountain bikers here to support three bike shops, a healthy number for a town of 5,400 people. I'm so…” more, “Many businesses are doing their best during a pandemic. It’s all part of the mix in this down-to-earth community. Ready? American Legion Post #64, 245 W. 10 St., corner of 10th and.. 210 E - Sackett Avenue - Salida - CO - 81201 - United States. Now you can signup with your credentials. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. They have ticket games and their prizes are pretty good considering. Most people do not pay it. Visit Website. We read good” more, “My teen aged daughter and I took the Salida (Ghost and Murder) walking tour with Steve Chapman. These vast tracts of public lands are enjoyed year-round, thanks to a mellow climate that leaves the Arkansas Hills free of snow even as the mountains are thick with powder. Twitter URL. Find a comprehensive view of events in Salida for September and October 2020 (updated daily). There is a 7 dollar fee. Historic Leadville. Welcome In WikiDo. Really beautiful. Princeton Hot Springs Resort He might recognize how not to treat such…” more. Including The Day You Check In & The Day You Check Out, Mt. HONOR OUR VETERANS dance - Andrith cueing rounds between tips - Plan to wear your military affiliation gear or cap loyalty items or red white and blue, Concert Series - Vino Salida - Total Wellness Retreat. COVID-19 advise: In-person events may be cancelled. It looked like they do birthdays and also have some virtual reality stuff too. See ONLINE Events. Mail already registered. I don't like to bring my kids” more, “Views are unparalleled! Walking down F Street, it’s easy to imagine yourself in the 1800’s when Salida was a stop for passengers on the Denver & Rio Grande Railroad, making it a commercial center for mining and agriculture. 26th Annual Emma Crawford Coffin Races & Parade in.. Art galleries are plentiful downtown, where you’ll also find antique stores, modern boutiques and delectable restaurants, a cultural mix that reflects Salida’s diverse population of ranchers, artists, artisans and outdoors enthusiasts. The avid outdoorsman will marvel at the abundance and quality of the areas outdoor recreational opportunities. Please confirm details with the organizers. Would highly recommend if you are in Salida and looking for something different to do.” more, “. Even if you don't have a full day and only had half a day then I would recommend doing one of these trips.” more, “Super adorable wine bar, the key lime white chocolate cookie is other worldly. History, heritage, the arts and the outdoors come together in Salida, a unique blend found nowhere else in Colorado. 15870 County Road 162 Things To Do - Ghost Towns. You can explore by location, what's popular, our top picks, free stuff... you got this. Lessons are taught from 7 to 7:and then dancing to recorded music goes on from 7:30 to 9:00 PM. 877-772-5432, 800-831-8594. Salida, CO 81201. I make my kids wear life jackets at the ocean, am hovering cautious at calm rivers, and I won't let people take my kids to the pool because I know things happen. Local: 719-395-2447 Concerts, sports, arts, live music, nightlife, theatre and comedy shows in Salida, Colorado. Design inside is lovely. Tea-mosas are not to be missed. Career Event • SALIDA, CO. Share Career Event for HORIZONS EXPLORATORY ACADEMY Students & Graduates with your friends. When we returned a couple weeks later I noticed the sign and decided to look it up and call for hours of operation. Career Event for BUENA VISTA HIGH SCHOOL Students & Graduates. Do stop in for a wine or a beer!” more, “ not take proper care all the time. “Such a cute park. Reviews on Things to Do in Salida, CO 81201 - Riverside Park, Colorado Jeep Tours, High Side Bar & Grill, Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area, Salida Hot Springs Pool, The Biker & The Baker, Rocky Mountain Mini-Golf, Salida Walking Tours, The Maverick Potter, Noah's Ark Whitewater Rafting and Adventure Salida’s small-town charms are abundant downtown, the largest historic district in the state. She is a wonderful person. Sat, Oct 17, 7:00 AM. Looking for something to do in Salida? Social Media: Facebook URL. They also have ping ping, pool, air hockey, and foose ball. Enjoy Salida.