Guys that big shouldn’t be able to move that quickly.

Skip to navigation < > Menu ... Green Bay Packers' 2017 draft picks: Analysis for every selection. You can see right before the snap he’s hyper aggressive, hopping forward in an attempt to anticipate the snap. Eliot Wolf mentioned that he believed that Jones plays faster than his time in Indianapolis (4.56). Adding injury to insult, the Packers’ star left tackle left hurt. Irrelevant, before he can reach the 1st down. By Owen Riese @RieseDraft May 2, 2017… He’s all effort from the snap of the ball, and while he doesn’t get the sack, he get a pressure and forces a bad throw from the quarterback. While I understand it’s tough to get too excited about a 7th round pick, hear me out. Amichia is an athletic project, but he was solid at left tackle for South Florida. Biegel was well coached at Wisconsin by former NFL defensive coach Tim Tibesar, and I expect his learning curve to be fairly short for a rookie in the Capers system due to his experience in a 3-4 front in Madison. Rob Demovsky breaks down the Green Bay Packers' 2017 draft class. The man who faced heavy criticism for his lack of spending in free agency and seemed to have lost his touch in the draft came through with what could be a class for the ages for the Green Bay Packers. Biegel’s motor is always running white hot, and you can see it here. Let us enjoy, Packer fans. During this Miami game he plays strong safety, single high safety, linebacker, and slot corner. Jamaal Williams is probably my favorite pick in this whole class. From Kevin King to Aaron Jones, FOX Sports Wisconsin assigns grades to every selection of the Green Bay Packers’ 2017 draft class. Packers 2017 Draft Picks: Examining each player’s best skills, After ugly loss, Matt LaFleur is unhappy with Packers’ defense and his own playcalling. pic.twitter.com/nYTnPhXo18. Amichia’s testing numbers make him the most athletic guard in this class. Mays is a power back, through and through. King will play press a lot in GB, where his length is optimized. Adams then is able to adjust and corral Chad Kelly, Mr. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. While some of King’s aggression will have to be dialed back for the sake of his technique (he can get a bit grabby), you’d rather have to lessen someone’s aggression than try to develop it. Packers trounced by Buccaneers. It does speak to Jones’ versatility, though. All #Packers draft picks and their #RAS in 2017, plus their all time rank and rank vs. the 2017 class. It’s either very good or very bad if Tim Boyle is getting snaps in a regular season game. He bounces off of arm tackles and, though he won’t win any track meets, he’s no plodder, and can make the defense pay for over-pursuing as Arizona does here.

He’ll fit in nicely as the 3rd back for the green and gold. You can see that once he’s in the open-field he’s not going to be caught. For one, newly signed tight end Lance Kendricks is an especially effective blocker coming across the formation as a wing, and secondly, Williams showed a propensity to have success using the concept. However, after the swim move, Adams is standing nearly straight up, which is one of his main issues. #InTedWeTrust. While this play isn’t overly impressive, above all, Jones plays #BullyBall, which I fully endorse and want in GB. The Bucs outmatched the Packers in every phase of football on Sunday, and LaFleur must find a way to get his team back on track for another tough road game next weekend. To be honest, I knew nothing about Mays prior to the draft, other than that the Packers brought him in for a visit. While I don’t think that King will be as immediate a contributor as many are projecting, he’ll provide the secondary with some versatility, and as the season goes along I expect his role to increase. He get’s north/south in a hurry, and the horizontal pursuit of the defense can’t adjust quick enough. He’s long, and an impressive athlete. He’s very explosive, but he’ll likely be on the practice squad, at least initially. This class has the chance to be special, and the Packers will likely need it to be in order to help win a Super Bowl. While he only registered 37 carries in 2016, he ran a 4.5 and registered a 40.5” vertical. On Sunday, it was most definitely the latter. Amichia will likely provide depth early, but Lane Taylor is a free agent after 2017 and Jahri Evans is 33 years old. Aaron Rodgers was flexing, the Packers were rolling, and then a pick-six turned the game on its head. (I apologize for showing you two former Purdue quarterbacks in this article.) He’s a definite change of pace from Williams, who tested similarly in Indy, but doesn’t play as fast. He’s a load to bring down in the open field, and Aaron Rodgers will enjoy having him on the field. 3y Rob Demovsky. Dupre was a 5* recruit out of HS in Louisiana. We head to the film room for a look at what each of the Packers’ draft picks can do best. He was a state champion in the long jump, triple jump, and the high jump, as evidenced by his 39.5” vert in Indianapolis. First of all, it’s an incredible play. Though he’s a bit stiff in the hips, he’ll fit in immediately in the Packers offense as an after the catch threat. APC Podcast Rapid Reaction: Ow, my pride! Yancey is a thick, physical wide out who makes defenders work to take him down. Rodgers, Packers start hot, fizzle in embarrassing 38-10 loss to Buccaneers. They've been stealing my notes.

Adams beats his man off the line with a swim move.

Playing for Purdue, often times the Boilermakers were outmatched, yet Yancey produced. Kofi Amichia, OG, South Florida - 6’3” 290. Aaron Jones is a home run hitter. Players chosen by the Green Bay Packers during the 2017 NFL Draft. As I mentioned earlier, I am pro #BullyBall, and while Williams isn’t all power, he’s no-nonsense as a rusher. He traded back out of the first round, and added a pick to start the 4th round, and later traded back a few spots in the 5th and picked up an extra 7th. He’s then able to sustain his block throughout the play. We use cookies and other tracking technologies to improve your browsing experience on our site, show personalized content and targeted ads, analyze site traffic, and understand where our audiences come from.