Zapier has a gazillion apps for integrating into the workflow. Being notified of changes to a container has been a very popular feature request, and it even prompted me to write a custom Slack integration guide, which instructs how to build a simple Google Cloud messaging system. I was following your blog for a while and have accidentally found the article on 404. @gmail.com or other commercial addresses. When an approval request is submitted for a workspace, you can configure your email address to receive a notification. Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications. Try clearing the browser or wait for a bit longer. A workspace is sent for approval. Updated: April 15th, 2020. When you do receive an email notification for a container version, it looks like this: In addition to the information on what was added, updated, or deleted in the version, there’s a link directly to the version information (See the version details). The Only when I am tagged as an approver option configures your email to receive a notification when an approval request where you have been designated as an approver is withdrawn (i.e. Your browser is requesting data from Google’s servers although that container is still not published yet, thus no data will be returned. I am using the wp rocket plugin You can manage your preferences for notifications on a container-by-container basis or globally set defaults for notifications you want to receive across all containers that you have access to. I got the same error. Being basic in GTM, I created an account and implement it on my website. Analytics Mania - Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Blog |. But after I published it, it is showing as working now. I’d like to see the option of adding other email addresses that have access to the account rather than just the one you’re logged in with. A bit confusingly, the settings for an individual container do not tell you whether or not the current settings override or inherit the default container notification setting. This is a common rookie mistake which is a #2 on my list of most common Google Tag Manager mistakes. In this article, I’ll walk you through the feature and share a couple of tips on how to make it even more useful! The Only for approvals I requested option sends you an email when an approval request that you submitted gets sent back by an approver because it needs more work. The Zap is configured to search for Version and published from emails sent from the container notification service. Do I need to publish the container prior to adding tags. Thank you! Kind regards and thank you! Two questions: If I set up google analytics first and am now setting up GTM, how should I integrate GA into GTM? The Always option sends an email whenever a container version is created (but not published). If your website is using cloudflare (ask developers), clear the cache there too. Each Tag Manager user can turn on and adjust their own notification preferences. If the container was published at least on to the Live environment, that error should appear in the console. Thank you for sharing this topic. Is Google Tag Manager Preview Mode Not Working? The problem lies within Google Tag Manager itself. The problem lies within Google Tag Manager itself. Every time you set up a new Google Tag Manager container, publish it (even though it’s totally empty), otherwise, the response from Google will return 404 not found error. You should create GA tags in GTM and then ask developers to remove GA tracking codes from the website's source code. Scroll down to the Default Container Notifications. 3. Ifnyou see this even after publishing the containerz the the issue is most likely with the WP rocket's cache. Required fields are marked *. If there’s no gtm.js 404 error – go ahead and start setting up your marketing tags. If you have been designated as an approver for an approval request, you will receive the email. A Guide To Google Tag Manager Preview Mode. Any solution for that? Hi Julius Yes, add the 2nd code of GTM container (noscript) right after the opening body tag. May I know why my GTM still showing 'Container Not Published' although I did published once for the first version? When such an email is received, the Zap sends a Slack message with the email subject to the channel. It's working for me thanks a lot. Having this feature natively in the Google Tag Manager user interface is great. To receive an email notification, you can configure the following events to trigger one: The Always option sends an email whenever a version is published into any environment. Notifications are currently available when: * When "Live environment only" is selected, notifications will be sent only when a container is published to your live production environment (i.e. Always complete the following actions when you plan tracking of the new website with GTM: This isn’t a big problem, but if your developers are tracking Javascript errors with particular tools (e.g. Both of these errors are caused by the same issue. 4 ways how to turn off Google Tag Manager debug mode, Open your website in a browser and check Javascript Console (if you’re not familiar with it, here are short. A recent update to Google Tag Manager introduced container notifications. Take a look at the offering here. So you’ve added a Google Tag Manager snippet to a website (by carefully following the instructions). Sorry, I found out the problem. By subscribing to container notifications, your Google Tag Manager login email address can be configured to receive an email for some of the key workflows in Google Tag Manager: containers getting published, and containers being submitted for approval (Tag Manager 360 only), for example. You’ll find container notifications for an individual container under Admin: You can also set default notification settings in your User Settings. This isn’t a critical error but might cause a little mess in developers’ error logs. Maybe you have two containers on a page and one of the is not published? Tag Assistant was showing as tag manager not setup correctly. 12 Ways To Fix It. Is it due to plugin cache? //www.google.com/tools/feedback/metric/report, In the upper right corner of the Tag Manager interface, click the More Actions menu (⋮) and select, A new version is created but not published.