Named after its feature song, the golden classic "Get a Job" of 1957, this CD contains 12 other songs by The Silhouettes, who tragically never got another hit after "Get a Job" and saw all the rest, even the group itself, fade into an obscurity it never, by any means, deserved. It reached the number one spot on the Billboard pop and R&B singles charts in February 1958. The doo-wop revival group Sha Na Na derived their name from the song's lyrics. Listen to these songs, folks. Lyrics.com. The song was later included in Robert Christgau's "Basic Record Library" of 1950s and 1960s recordings, published in Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies (1981). My friend's got a girlfriend - man, he hates that bitch He tells me every day He says: 'Man, I really gotta lose my chick In the worst kind of way' She sits on her ass, he works his hands to the bone So Sad!!!! Test your MusicIQ here!

There was bad music in the 1950's, too. 2. Think you know music? Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Songs about working for a living have been told in myriad ways. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. The doo-wop revival group Sha Na Na derived their name from the song's lyrics. "Get a Job Lyrics." The doo-wop revival group Sha Na Na derived their name from the song's lyrics. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/3434940/The+Silhouettes, The Golden Age of American Rock 'n' Roll, Vol. 20 Oct. 2020. It reached the number one spot on the Billboard pop and R&B singles charts in February 1958.
"Get a Job" is a song by the Silhouettes released in November 1957. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Playlist, Written by: Earl Beal, Raymond Edwards, William Horton, Richard Lewis.   Rock groups are the stars you hear on the radio. The follow-up to "Get A Job" was a song called "Headin' For The Poor House", that title sort of tells you what happened to the group. The 1958 #1 smash Get a Job is here with I Am Lonely; Miss Thing; Voodoo Eyes; I Sold My Heart to the Junkman (great tune! The song was later included in Robert Christgau's "Basic Record Library" of 1950s and 1960s recordings, published in Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. The only person to make any money from the hit "Get A Job" was the producer. It peaked at #4 on the US Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks.

This group of Philadelphia "doo woppers' made it big in January of 1958 with a rock'n roll classic called "Get A Job". I've heard some of it- simply frightful. "Get a Job" was not the only great song these fellas made. Unable to add item to List. They performed in the 1986 movie, Joey Web. Now that I have had the chance to learn the lyrics I am waiting to hear the song again. “Why Don’t You Get a Job?” is the second single from Americana. It appears also on The Offspring’s Greatest Hits album. The name is taken from a part of the long series of nonsense syllables in the doo-wop hit song "Get a Job… In the '70s they were the notoriously fast-living icons that burned cash and lived a life of luxury and hard partying.

https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/3384404/The+Silhouettes, Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight. It was always frustrating to me when I would hear it on the radio over the years. "Get A Job"' is included in the soundtracks of the movies, American Graffiti, Trading Places and Stand By Me. The Silhouettes were an American doo wop/R&B group whose single "Get A Job" was a #1 hit on the Billboard R&B singles chart and pop singles chart in 1958. Lyrics to 'Why Don´t You Get A Job' by Offspring.   "Get a Job" is a song by the Silhouettes released in November 1957.