Darrynton Evans profile page, biographical information, injury history and news [The NFL] is something that everybody thinks about growing up and playing football,” Evans said. Chris Boyle @ChrisBoyleDBNJ Wednesday Feb 26, 2020 at 2:02 PM.

Several other players with Florida ties competed in Friday night’s events at the combine, with punter Tommy Townsend of Florida turning in an impressive performance as well. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Teams With Need at Position: Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos, Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Las Vegas Raiders, New England Patriots, New York Jets. After weighing the pros and cons, he decided to pursue his dream. Major recruiting programs apparently disagreed with the assessment, as he received multiple offers from Division 1 programs. Dillon. Bench Press: 20 reps The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari.

After Bell though, there is very little depth. He’s also very solid in the passing offense, with 21 receptions for 198 yards with five touchdowns. Despite his relatively underwhelming build, Evans served as the lead back of a solid rushing attack. “My coaches were like, ‘You know, you should really look into this and see how your cards are playing out and see where things are at and then maybe consider it.”. … ”. Preview: Arizona Cardinals at the New York Jets, How to watch the New York Jets in NFL Week 5, Kyler Murray is a major headache for the New York Jets in Week 5, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/30/sports/todd-bowles-jets-patriots.html #GangGreen…. He was named the MVP of the 2018 Sun Belt Conference Football Championship Game after totaling 218 total yards. NFL footage © NFL Productions LLC. The Appalachian State product definitely has the raw athleticism and enough of a skill set to thrive in the NFL.

Evans said he has not really heard much about where he might land in the draft. Evans has been inspired by Mostert, the NFC championship game star who helped propel the San Francisco 49ers into the Super Bowl. “My coaches, they helped me out … putting in a draft grade, but that was them telling me I should do it, not me asking them to do it. After two seasons starting at Appalachian State, running back Darrynton Evans is taking his talents to the professional level.

After running an eye-catching time in the 40 on Saturday at the NFL Combine, Darrynton Evans has been one of the players creating buzz in Indianapolis. During his first season of extended action, Evans recorded 1,184 yards and seven touchdowns on 178 carries (6.7 yards-per-carry) to go along with 13 receptions on 19 targets for 89 yards. He played college football at Appalachian State. News on the…, The Jets are getting a familiar face in Stephone Anthony. Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Bridging divides – political and otherwise – to make a positive impact, How to Practically and Specifically Help Restaurants This Election Year. “I had my schedule set up, classes, picking up an extra minor and getting ready for my senior season,” Evans said. Fantastic straight-line speed and above-average overall athleticism; Solid vision, can read blocks and pick the right gap; Proved he can handle a large workload with 256 carries in 2019; One-cut runner that doesn’t dance in the backfield; Below-average height and weight, although it’s not a dealbreaker; Doesn’t project as a threat in the passing game; Probably won’t hold up to linebackers/defensive ends in pass protection.

©2020 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.), Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com. The source said that he also met Minnesota Vikings, Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Rams, Indianapolis Colts, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints and Carolina Panthers. Meet Darrynton Evans, the best-kept secret of the 2020 RB class. [4] As a full-time starter in 2019, Evans was the Sun Belt Conference Offensive Player of the Year after rushing for 1,480 yards with 2,064 all purpose yards and 24 total touchdowns. They really want what’s best for us, and not what’s best for the coaches.”. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. After two seasons starting at Appalachian State, running back Darrynton Evans is taking his talents to the professional level. He committed to Appalachian State University to play college football. He's played under head coach Adam Gase in…, Build that chemistry big boys! Evans knows nothing came easy for Mostert, who was cut by six NFL teams before landing with the 49ers, so it drives Evans to continue to work hard. Show full articles without "Continue Reading" button for {0} hours. Darrynton Evans received a surprise congratulatory phone call Friday night after turning in an impressive showing at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine at Lucas Oil Field in Indianapolis. One of the biggest debates in football…, https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ryan-griffin-jets-tight-ends-1.35527985 He is an ideal complement to a stable of backs that is in need of a space player with return upside. “I never really thought about it until right before I decided,” Evans said about leaving school with one year of eligibility remaining. Mostert and Evans didn’t see a great deal of recruiting attention coming out of high school, but the players would not change a thing about where they ended up. While Evans can be dangerous in the open field, he needs his blocking to get there. This article originally appeared on OrlandoSentinel.com. Additionally, he doesn’t project as a threat in the passing game. His 4.41 speed shows up on film and he has the potential to take it all the way every time he touches the ball. Inspired by mom’s cancer battle, Darrynton Evans aims to shine at NFL combine . He’s a solid one-cut runner that played in a collegiate system that developed his vision to an NFL level. The 49ers met with running back Darrynton Evans from Appalachian State. We need you guys up front! Connect with friends faster than ever with the new Facebook app. Meet 8 of them | Special Report, Tropical Storm Epsilon forms, expected to become Category 1 hurricane this week, UF can thank UCF’s Randy Shannon for Gators QB Kyle Trask, Florida’s first snow park sets opening date; tickets on sale, Orlando airport to leave the fate of its top legal job up in the air, Stephanie Hollingsworth’s body identified after SUV found in pond, Time is running out for seniors looking for recruiting attention | Recruiting insider, Stephen Sparrow saves Jones as Tigers need late heroics to stave off Wekiva, Clemson RB Demarkcus Bowman transferring to Florida, Feds file landmark antitrust case against Google. The NFL Scouting Combine is coming up fast. 93 pick", "Titans Activate DL Jeffery Simmons from Reserve/COVID-19 List, Place RB Darrynton Evans on Injured Reserve", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Darrynton_Evans&oldid=983760811, Players of American football from Florida, Sportspeople from Volusia County, Florida, Appalachian State Mountaineers football players, Short description with empty Wikidata description, Tennessee Titans currentteam parameter articles, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Year (2019), This page was last edited on 16 October 2020, at 02:49. Handling the rock 256 times in 2019, Evans recorded 1,484 yards (5.8 yards-per-carry) and 18 touchdowns to go along with 21 receptions on 27 targets for 198 yards. [7], Evans was selected by the Tennessee Titans with the 93rd overall pick in the third round of the 2020 NFL Draft. He said he remains focused on training and preparing himself for the upcoming App State pro day, as well as the individual team meetings he will have leading up to the draft. The Ravens met with Appalachian State running back Darrynton Evans at the Combine. Evans, who is quick and has the ability to break open plays, could certainly factor into the Jets offense. “But [we’ve] still got pro day and team visits, so [the draft] is close, [but] it’s still far away.”. “I thought I did good on everything,” Evans said. “When the real official times come out, it should say 4.3 … I knew I was going to come out and have a good day.”. The Jets have a need at running back. “That’s pretty much where I said I’d be, around 4.4 or 4.3,” Evans said Saturday, a day after the running back portion of the combine. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. “I felt like it just solidified the fact that I can compete with anybody and they can stop talking about the small school, big school stuff.”. Mostert and Evans didn’t see a great deal of recruiting attention from Power 5 schools coming out of high school, but the players would not change a thing about where they ended up. Embed from Getty Imageswindow.gie=window.gie||function(c){(gie.q=gie.q||[]).push(c)};gie(function(){gie.widgets.load({id:'5sZ_n_OLRM9Z_E6rmiRcTw',sig:'BpYHrkDUkJ9DzqXrh4JWvilA6OGlFgnRGBaFTP643eo=',w:'594px',h:'396px',items:'1190091677',caption: true ,tld:'com',is360: false })}); Your email address will not be published.