Really good service and quality of food cant fault it in anyway only forgot the starter order but probably good as the main and pud was enough with the drinks. The price is higher than a regular bar. Enjoyed the meal. Did not know about the food there but the drinks were fantastic. I booked this table weeks ago as it was important. Very very disappointing they had no booking for us. The great architecture is a real talking point. But pointless booking Browns through Opentable. Steak and chicken and ham pie for mains. Not worth the money. The meals were served together and everyone enjoyed their choice of meal. Very accommodating as we showed up with one extra person and they seated us without a problem. Stood by the bar, which is good and bad in equal measures; you get knocked in to almost constantly, but drinks are only a step away. It was mostly a post work crowd and the atmosphere was pleasant enough seems to be a place people go for a quick drink enroute somewhere else rather than a venue to spend the whole evening in. Good range of options on the menu meant everyone could find something to suit them. Stale bread,  ok soup. Good food, good service, scallops slightly over cooked and tried to switch the wine we ordered to a lower quality wine but other than that thinks were pretty much perfect. The bartender can make everything you like, even though it's not on the menu. So having my traditional irish meat-and-two-veg parents over for the weekend, I was really struggling to come up with somewhere for dinner! Friday & Saturday: 09:00 - 00:00 Had a fantastic dinner here on Saturday 9th November 2019. Browns East Good things come to those who subscribe. The service was very good as was the food; I love the ambiance in Brown's and it's a very pleasant dining experience. I went on a Friday night and it was understandably busy, predominantly with people winding down after a busy week at work, but also those just starting out their night. It hurts to do this considering how excited I was to try this place, making a reservation a week in advance (Visiting for lunch during the week this wasn't needed and it wasn't busy, however) and the fantastic tiling and historical element to the building - I really do feel at the moment it is wasted on a sub-par restauraunt as basically the decor seems to be the only good thing about this place.1*, See all photos from Aaron S. for Browns - Manchester. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Well I didn't need to worry!! Food was good, Good food but poor service had to ask for everything different people served us and that is why we were forgotten about. Service was shockingly poor it wasn’t that busy but waited a long time for everything. Learn more. Browns, Manchester Picture: Live Pianist every Sunday - Check out Tripadvisor members' 44,261 candid photos and videos. Very relaxing. Lovely place and atomosphere. The setting here is a wonderful old bank but we were overpowered by the echoing bar noise on arrival and asked for a quiet table. Overall good food and would return in future. They had a good selection of wine from £16+ which for Manchester city centre isnt bad. The food is always tasty and well presented and the staff are very courteous without being obtrusive. Not sure why it has to be nightclub volume levels at 17:30 in the evening in a restaurant. you have a big open area for drinks and the restaurant on the side so that you eat away from the noise.I'll definitely go back as they are few other dishes that seem interesting! Despite Browns being a chain, this building is worth popping in to see - the high ceilings and dark wood make it quite romantic and feels ballroom-esque.I went on a Friday night and it was understandably busy, predominantly with people winding down after a busy week at work, but also those just starting out their night. I dined at Brown's with my daughter before we headed off to watch a play. Dirty table. Only one suggestion would be that they had some background music in the room to add to the ambiance. Browns Brasserie & Bar is a British chain of restaurants, mostly located in the south of England. Whilst I didn't opt for it on the night I'm keen to go back and try it! Very disappointed in the food, the slow service and the cheek of adding 10% service charge, which should not be down to them how much tip I should leave.!!! So i will definitely be going back. Service was super slow to begin with, no manners whatsoever from fellow drinkers and bar staff paying little attention to who should be served next.Another bar to add to the list for any city centre crawl, but nothing to write home about.