A Boston news anchor says she was fired for appearing in an Adam Sandler movie Former WHDH anchor Alaina Pinto said she was "deeply disappointed and saddened" by the station's decision. No portion of NBA.com may be duplicated, redistributed or manipulated in any form. Delays Resumption of Jury Trials Amid Rise in COVID Cases, When Mass. A Boston news anchor says she was fired for appearing in an Adam Sandler movie Former WHDH anchor Alaina Pinto said she was "deeply disappointed and saddened" by the station's decision. Help. According to Boston.com, Pinto played a news anchor in the film, which was shot in Massachusetts. Polive did... A woman was seriously injured Monday night after being hit while crossing a street in Saugus, Massachusetts, police said. The city of Boston says there have been numerous complaints regarding restaurants failing to adhere to coronavirus requirements. to Supreme Court, Police: R.I. woman feeding newborn struck by stray bullet, Small New England colleges struggling as pandemic drives down enrollment, Crews respond to water main break near South Station, Site Sign up for Boston.com's e-mail alerts and receive coronavirus news and breaking updates, from our newsroom to your inbox. “Like spending 84 minutes in Hell,” critic Christy Lemire wrote when it hit theaters in 2000. Massachusetts Reports 744 New Coronavirus Cases, 14 Additional DeathsThe total number of confirmed cases in the state is now 140,647 while the total number of deaths is 9,517. Here’s why. All rights reserved. “I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry” (2007)  Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 14%. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. If you make a request through the WarnerMedia Privacy Center, 10 communities in all received the message reminding people the coronavirus pandemic is not over. “Little Nicky” (2000)   Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 22%. But that decision is being met with some skepticism. "It takes a certain blithe self-confidence to take this Scotch-taped-together plot and run it out well past the 90-minute mark," critic Jesse Hassenger wrote.        Resources According to the city’s licensing department, there have been issues with social distancing, patrons waiting in lines and non... Sheila Christensen and her sister are on alert as COVID-19 cases continue to climb in Massachusetts, worried there could be another surge in nursing homes and long-term care facilities. Despite rising coronavirus case numbers that lifted the city into the high-risk category on Massachusetts’ coronavirus hot spot map, Weymouth Public Schools is pushing forward with its hybrid learning plan. Deaths (1/3), — Alaina Pinto (@alainapinto) October 15, 2020, “In doing so, I mistakenly violated my contract with the station and I understand why management unfortunately chose to terminate me.        Charts Coronavirus WCVB Channel 5 is your source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. Trick-or-Treating Guide Patriots MA Ballot … WBZ News Update For October 17, 2020WBZ-TV's Anna Meiler and David Epstein have your latest news and weather. Methadone deliveries, needle distribution eyed for long term changes to Boston neighborhood Copyright © 2020 NBA Media Ventures, LLC. “Just Go With It” (2011)Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 19%. Reporting the news to you every morning was an honor and a privilege.”. WHDC Channel 7 News did not immediately return a request for comment on her firing from TheWrap. We’re heading through a rather mild spell this week. I am posting this because I want to be open and honest with all of you. Main Navigation. The Boston Red Sox aren’t the only thing at Fenway Park set for a makeover this off-season. The earliest potential start date for jury trials will be extended to Nov. 9, Trial Court Chief Justice Paula Carey said in a statement last week. Will Sandler’s new Netflix Original “Murder Mystery” join the list of his most cringeworthy “comedies”? Communities Move to COVID Red Zone, Schools Face a Dilemma. “Pixels” (2015) Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 17%. Enable breaking news notifications straight to your internet browser. “Only one day a year to show your ex what he’s missing!”. Phil Scott was set to provide an update on his administration’s response to the coronavirus pandemic Tuesday morning. If you would like to see your photo featured, just post them with the hashtag #riseandshine… To opt out of the sale of your personal information as permitted by the California Consumer ‘Jack and Jill’ even gives fart jokes a bad name,” critic Jake Coyle wrote in 2011. “Grown Ups 2” (2013)  Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 7%. Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine could be ready by the end of the year – if it’s proven safe.        Testing locations Get the latest Boston news, weather and sports online, anytime. Get the latest Boston news, including local and national breaking headlines. Her character, like others in the fictional channel’s studio, dressed as Harley Quinn for Halloween and cracked jokes about the outfit-repeating faux pas. WarnerMedia Privacy Center | She went on, “In doing so, I mistakenly violated my contract with the station and I understand why management unfortunately chose to terminate me. Do Not Sell My Personal Information | “Grown Ups” (2010)   Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 10%. “I felt a deep sadness every time the audience laughed and the sounds of their chuckles turned into the ringing of the cash register, and all I thought was a grim, simple truth: This, America, is why we can't have nice things,” critic James Rocchi wrote of the 2010 reunion flick starring some of Sandler’s best buddies. “Thanks to all my wonderful 7 News viewers and my supportive and great colleagues at the station. “Comedy moved on from the mid-1990s, and it's time Sandler did, too. "The best that can be said about 'The Week Of 'is that it at least tacks some heart onto an otherwise stale, mothball-scented set-up," EW critic Chris Nashawaty wrote in 2017. New England 7 hours ago New England College Enrollment Down Because of Coronavirus Pandemic This site is operated jointly by NBA and WarnerMedia. The delay comes amid a rising number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 around the state. Search. BPS announce delay in Phase 3 of return to in-person learning for students in Pre-K through Grade 3. “I felt like it was crushing the soul out of me. By Nicole Oliverio. Alaina Pinto said on Twitter Thursday that she was fired from her role as a morning anchor at WHDH Channel 7 News Boston after she made a cameo … “Sure did, Erin,” Phillips says. "The Ridiculous Six"   Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 0%. 124,755 talking about this. Please join elsewhere on Boston.com. Jimmy Garoppolo is still the one who got away from Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. 7 hours ago WBZ Morning Forecast For … Alaina Pinto, a former morning anchor for WHDH Channel 7 News Boston, announced on Twitter Thursday morning that she was terminated by the station due to a contract violation for appearing in the movie. Their 97-year-old mom, Jean, who is in a nursing home in Needham, already beat COVID-19 in March, but it took away her ability to walk. I have some news to share… Earlier this week I was let go from 7 News. Pinto also thanked her colleagues and viewers for their support during her time at the station. "There's no way to recommend it, yet I wouldn't ask for my two hours back (though I do wish that they could have been sped up somewhat)" New Yorker critic Richard Brody wrote. "Thanks for nothing, Netflix," Chicago Sun-Times critic Richard Roeper wrote. While a subtle cool front will bisect central New England tomorrow, the sensible differences in the weather won’t be as apparent in southern New England. “An early contender for worst movie of the year. it will apply to data controlled jointly by the NBA and WarnerMedia as well as other data controlled by WarnerMedia. In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area. In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area. Boston's source for the latest breaking news, sports scores, traffic updates, weather, culture, events and more. “Hubie Halloween” wrapped up filming in Massachusetts in August 2019. “I am posting this because I want to be open and honest with all of you. Hot-Spot Communities Get COVID-19 Push Alerts, Woman Crossing Street Seriously Injured in Saugus Crash, 4 Sites Around Fenway Park to Be Redeveloped, Vermont COVID Outbreak Linked to Hockey Rink Grows to 30 Cases, Mass. Nursing Homes Over Possible Surge, Mass. Pinto joined 7News in December 2016 as a traffic reporter and previously worked at Fox Local 44 and ABC Local 22 in Burlington, Vermont, as a morning news reporter. Families who lost loved ones during the coronavirus outbreak at the Holyoke Soldiers’ Home will testify before state lawmakers Tuesday. Pinto was on the air for 7News until earlier this month. Scott to Provide Coronavirus Update, Rainy Tuesday on Tap, Warmer Temps Later in the Week, Old Rush Hour Patterns Not Returning Anytime Soon: MassDOT, 2 Badly-Burned Cars Found in South Boston, Gov. Station management did not return a request for comment regarding Pinto’s termination. “The future is bright!”. The beleaguered veterans’ care center has been the subject of several ... Boston restaurants are facing a crackdown amid a spike in coronavirus numbers in the Bay State. “Blended” (2014) Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 14%. Boston News Sponsored By Water Main Break Shuts Down I-93 Exit In Downtown Boston A water main break flooded Summer Street and closed an I-93 exit on Sunday night. The Health Department is planning a pop-up testing cl... Massachusetts has delayed the resumption of jury trials until early next month. Alaina Pinto says she inadvertently violated her contract with WHDH Channel 7 News Boston. “Tracy, you went with Harley Quinn, too?” Pinto’s character asks reporter Tracy Phillips, played by Sandler’s wife, Jackie Sandler. Boston News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Entertainment, Breaking News. But it's still not as bad as Grown-Ups 2,” TheWrap’s Alonso Duralde wrote in his review of 2014 movie co-starring Drew Barrymore. Rhode Island doctors created an app to calculate the risk of COVID-19. Massachusetts State Police were assisting in the investigation. Latest stories including team news, game recaps, and writer features. In addition to thanking viewers for their support, Pinto promised to keep in touch. I am posting this because I want to be open and honest with all of you. Check out The Boston Uncornered Photo Project at the Seaport. I am deeply disappointed and saddened, and I hoped this would not be how things evolved.”, Also Read: Adam Sandler's 'Hubie Halloween' Includes Tribute to the Late Cameron Boyce (Photo). The cases are linked to adult and youth hockey leagues and an adult broomball league at the Central Vermont Memorial Civic Center.